UPGRADE DIPLOMA IN PRIMARY TEACHER EDUCATION
Teacher with P1 certificate can upgrade to Diploma level to handle grade 1 – 9.
Organization of Upgrade Diploma in Primary Teacher Education.
- Professional studies
- Physical and health education
- Indigenous languages
- Science and technology
- Home science
- Art and craft,
- Religious education
- Social studies
NB: Upgrade Students who did group A in their P1 course take group B subjects and those who did group B in P1 take group A.
Apart from the school based assessment all students must do the formative assessment tasks give to them in class by the lecturers
Entry Requirements for Upgrade Diploma in Primary Teacher Education.
- The applicant must possess a valid PTE Certificate
- The applicant must be registered by the Teachers Service Commission.
- The duration of the course shall be 1500 Hours.
- The Course shall be fully residential.
- The trainee shall take all courses specified in the upgrading programme of Diploma in Primary Teacher Education
- The trainees shall undertake a Teaching Practicum of 300 Hours.
- To be awarded the Diploma, the trainee must complete the required hours for Course Work and the stipulated assessment by the Kenya National Examination Council.
- Applicants shall be required to produce evidence of adherence to positive morals and good behavior.
Skills You Will Aquire
A Word From The Dean
Career Opportunities in This Field
What Our Allumni Say
Migori Teachers Training College seemed to be the new chapter opened in my life as a whole person. It was not only a center of academic excellence to me, but also had fantastic incredible cultural varieties, I think it was the best place to develop different talents. Besides academic achievements, some of my fondest memories are the people I spent time with. Despite being of different religions and cultures, that did not hinder us from making friend and being there for each other at all times. I certainly made some friends for life time
I used to hear of Migori ttc. in my early school life and truly I have found it a good place to be. The college has moulded great teachers who can succeed in the 21st century & be emulated by learners. Indeed, the rich learning environment and hardworking lectures has made me a holistic individual with competencies, values, knowledge & skills necessary to thrive in a highly competitive world.